This is the blog of a wife and amateur pundit.
My name is Brooke. I live in the Twin Cities. Until I married my sports-obsessed husband, Alex, I rarely sat down to watch an NFL game, had no clue what was happening with March madness, and knew zilch about University of Minnesota athletics.
But I’m done being ignorant. I’m a more engaged spectator right now. I don’t know much, but I’m learning a lot, and the journey’s been a lot of fun.
Out of My League combines my husband’s greatest hobby (sports) with mine (writing). You can expect coverage of games I watch, stories from trips we take to away games (I told you he is obsessed!), and a fresh perspective from an outsider who is just trying to catch up to the rest of you.
Aside from writing, I love bookstores, twinkle lights, and chocolate cake.
Thanks for reading. I’m happy you’re here.
- Sport: Soccer
- Team: MN United FC
- Player: Christian Ramirez
Stadium Snack: Cheese curds
- Stadium: Children’s Mercy Park in Kansas City, Kansas
- City I’ve visited for a game: Denver
- Game I’ve attended: MN United vs. Real Salt Lake, April 23, 2017. It was their first MLS win (and Alex’s birthday!).
My Least Favorites
- Sport: Golf and baseball
- Team: New England Patriots
- Player: I’m not that mean.
Stadium Snack: Hot dog (Do YOU know what’s it’s made of?)
- Stadium: Target Center
- City I’ve visited for a game: They’ve all been fun.
- Game I’ve attended: University of Minnesota vs. Michigan State (football), November 23, 2012. It was 30 degrees. We lost 7 to 24.